First, a review of the resolutions I made for this year and my grade on how well I did on each. First, a review of the resolutions I made for this year and my grade on how well I did on each.
- Drop to 150 pounds. Grade: D. I ended the year at 168.1 pounds.
- 100% donut-free. Grade: A. I stayed donut-free, though it didn’t help much, weight-wise. Alas.
- No farmers tan. Grade: C+. I didn’t run as much, so not as much of a farmers tan. Kind of a dumb resolution.
- Write 250 words of fiction per day. Grade: D. Total fail, unless you split the 22,222 words of NaNoWriMo into 250 word chunks and spread them out over the year (and I’d still be way off the 91,250 total).
- Run at least three times a week. Grade: C. Knee problems slowed my running in the first half of the year and weather/laziness took over in the second half. My worst year for running since I started in 2009.
- Read at least 32 books. Grade: A. I read 40 books, woo!
- One drawing per week. Grade: D. I did a few drawings the entire year.
- Win the lottery. Grade: B. I won $10.
- Eat better. Grade: D. Not a good year for self-control when it came to (comfort) food.
- Curb my web surfing and put my WoW sub on hold. Grade: C and A. The C is for web surfing, which I have not really reined in much, though I think the quality of the content I read is higher now. I dropped my WoW sub.
Not exactly a banner year. For 2019 I am slimming down the list:
- Drop to 150 pounds. Third (or whatever) time is the charm?
- Write something every day. No minimum limits should make this possible.
- Run at least once per week. Again, lowering the bar, but it could lead to more.
- Read at least 52 books. Yes, a book a week. I think this might be possible if I cheat with some really short books.
- Eat better. For real this time.
- Learn and practice meditation. I think this will help a lot if I can take it seriously.
- Stretch. I am stiff as a board and it’s not good. I need to get more flexible.
- Redo the Complaint Free World 21-day challenge. I’ve regressed on the no-complaining thing and need to do better.
We’ll see how things look in just 12 short, zany months.