I did a repeat of yesterday’s treadmill workout, eschewing going out for a run because I was feeling a bit lazy and hey, it’s the holidays. Plus having an extra day to recover after a long layoff on a trail run is a good thing. Yep!
Tonight I walked to the dulcet tones of Jonathan Coulton. I have put the previous walk’s stats in brackets as comparison, because the settings and time for both walks were the same. Note the differences! They’re not major, but even small ones are nice to see. Specifically:
- Pace is five seconds faster. I am beginning to approach the walking speed on my runs (ie. when I walk 1.5 km to the river or 4 km to the lake), except those walks feature an incline of mostly 0%, not 10%.
- Time: Identical. This was just weird luck.
- Distance: Befitting my faster pace, I covered a smidgen more.
- Calories burned: Work harder, burn more! Seeing this number go up gives me warm fuzzies. And less fat.
- BPM: Basically the same, as expected. In time this could drop more.
Speed: 6 km/h Incline: 10 Pace: 9:45/km (9:50/km) Time: 30:04 Distance: 3.08 km (3.05 km) Calories burned: 281 (259) BPM: 135 (134)