- It’s better than molten lava pouring down the streets.
- It makes things ever so slightly quieter outside, creating a pseudo-small town ambience.
- There’s no chance of it piling up between May and August (note: this may change in a few decades).
- Provides opportunity to build cool forts at no cost (cool forts–get it?!)
- As far as we know, snow doesn’t cause cancer.
The current forecast calls for 3-7 cm of snow on Saturday. This qualifies as a moderate amount of snow. Sunday’s forecast is 22 mm of rain, turning the freshly fallen snow into less-than-fresh piles of slush. Fortunately (?) the rest of the week looks wet enough (and above freezing) that it should wash away whatever remnants of the white stuff that survives the weekend.
Running on Sunday is looking a tad dicey, though. I’ve never run in slush and it’s not something that makes my socks roll up and down in excitement, either.
Basically I’m ready for summer.