I took one of those “answer a bunch of questions and we’ll tell you which careers you are totally suited for” quizzes last week and partway through I suspected they would ask me to pony up a few bucks to see the results. Sure enough, I was asked to fork over $9.99 to learn that I might make a great chicken farmer.
My unpaid conclusion is that I need to get into the job quiz creation business. $10 per result? I could get rich! Slowly, slowly rich.
I may yet be willing to offer money for some of this “career advice” but I’m not convinced the specific site in question is worth the money, meaning I’ll have to do research on these sites first. Once again, looking for work is work, even if I’m not looking for anything specific (yet).
While I contemplate the horror of having to do research (I hate research the same way I hate elevators. Maybe I had a traumatic experience with research when I was a child that I’m blocking now.) I figure I could get the old idea train rolling by just getting out and pushing myself.
Which is to say, I’m going to list a bunch of careers I might (“might”) be suited for that I’m coming up with off the top of my head. Here we go, yay!
Awesome careers for someone
(Possibly me, possibly someone else, possibly no one)
- Chicken farmer
- Chickens are small and sort of cute, maybe?
- The rich smell of earth, honest and pure
- Be my own boss
- Chickens might talk back but it’s all just clucking, so it’s fine
- Never have to shop for chicken for dinner ever again
- Not cooped up (lol) in a stuffy office, sitting at a desk and prematurely aging
- Chicken poop
- Probably have to get up early
- Not a life of fabulous wealth and luxury
- Rich smell is actually gross, because of the aforementioned poop
- Who doesn’t like singing?
- All you need is your voice
- Look, “Friday” was a best-selling single. FRIDAY.
- Creative work nourishes the soul
- Earning a living could be challenging, resulting in starvation and death
- Autotune can only go so far
- Would need musicians or have to steal music or something
I have run out of time (I am writing this on my lunch break, which may be ironic), so I will add to this post soon(tm).