Let’s have a look at how I did on my first day (a recap in case you arrived at this post directly):
- Draw one thing (when lacking a specific subject, I will grab a prompt and limit myself to 5 minutes total time to get this done) DONE
- Record a journal entry (using Diarium, which has a somewhat unfortunate name, but is cross-platform) DONE
- Write a blog entry DONE
- Take a photo of something. It doesn’t have to be good or even interesting, just a photo…of something. DONE
- Exercise: Walk outside, walk on the treadmill, run on the treadmill or run outside. Or ride my bike, skip rope or something that can actually be considered exercise and isn’t like, “I lifted the TV remote 20 times today!” DONE
- Spend time learning more of the software I use to become a professional expert of impressive knowledge or something. This includes:
- Affinity Designer
- Affinity Photo
- DaVinci Resolve
- Visual Studio/C#
- Various other 2D animation and other art programs DONE
- Work in some way on my snazzy newsletter DONE
Yes, I went 7 for 7 on my first day. I gave myself an imaginary medal! I did better on some of these than others, but hey, I did it.
Now let’s see if I can maintain momentum for two entire days in a row.