Stolen from Austin Kleon‘s Steal Like an Artist Journal. I mean, I had to.
The idea (and first prompt in the above-mentioned book) is simple: Write down 10 things you want to learn. Here’s the list Kleon came up with in the heady, pre-pandemic days of 2017:
Now, I love lists, so this is my bag. But I haven’t given a lot of thought to 10 things, which may not seem like a lot, but really is, so going off the top of my head, I may not have 10 right away. Here goes my initial attempt.
10 Things I Want to Learn (2023)
- How to create a song (with vocals) in Garage Band (or other music software)
- How to Stretch
- How to consistently draw Gum Gum People
- My camera’s ins and outs (Canon EOS M50)
- Unity (the game engine, not the concept)
- Blender (3D animation program)
All right, I have a list to start, and I think it’s a decent beginning, but I will need to ponder a bit and come back to round out the list.