Hard to explain. Could it be…
- Uncertainty about the future
- Global warming (sort of related to the above)
- General sense of flabbiness
- Something intangible and unknowable
- The fact that the Styx album Kilroy Was Here really got made
I’m listening to “Mr. Roboto” right now, and I’m leaning toward the last one. I loved this album when it came out in 1983. I was 19 years old at the time. I present this as my only defense. Well, that and being a sucker for concept albums, apparently even bad ones.