Let’s have a look now that we are eight months into this year of 2019:
- World peace: Could be better, could be worse. Trump is still president, so likely to get worse.
- Measles: on the rise, thanks to anti-vax paranoids. Thank you, Luddites and irrational fearmongers!
- Global warming: We are doomed, pretty much.
- Politics: Authoritarianism and despots on the rise, democracy ailing, even in places where it should be strong. This could change–but it could also change for the worse. See the first bullet point.
- BC politics: The minority NDP government has proven adept and sane, boding well for the next election, though the general insanity of voters is always a worrying factor. It’s helped that the BC Liberals elected an out-of-touch rich white guy as their leader.
And my own list:
- Meditation: Thought about it, but have yet to meditate. Before I can even begin, Pocket has already offered an article on the sinister side of meditation, where you apparently think tranquil thoughts about murdering people or something.
- Stretching: Not really. A little here and there, but no concerted effort. This needs to be a higher priority unless I actually reverse the aging process.
- Writing: The less said, the better. Which is how I’ve approached writing this year.
- Drawing: I think about doodling. Then I never do it. But the doodles in my mind are great.
- Reading: My pace is picking up again. If I stay at it, I may end up matching last year, which will be good.
- Blogging: Generally running to catch up, as is the case this month where I’m tapping last minute inspiration to get to 31 posts before midnight.
- Running: Doing more, and the runs are going well. I have yet to tackle a 10K this year, but will try to before we get fully into the fall weather.
- Losing weight: It’s actually going down now. Yay.
- Losing hair: Yes. Shaved head mutes the impact.
- Legs: Still sexy.